Rent is increasing not only in South Florida, but throughout the State. As a result more and more young people and younger families are purchasing their first Florida home. If you are in this position, here are some tips that will help you:
– Consider whether renting or owning a property is best for you
– Consider if you will rent or stay with family while saving for a down payment
– Make the largest down payment you can, as this will affect your mortgage payments most
– Shop around for mortgage lenders. Pay attention to interest rates and fees.
– Choose a home that you can see yourself living in for at least 5 years;
– Maintain good credit
Whether you are just beginning your search for a Florida home or you already found the home of your dreams, contact Boyer Law Firm’s Real Estate Attorneys today. They can help you with everything from finding a home, to drafting the contract, all the way through the closing.