Shopping Center Great Real Estate Investment: Shopping centers and strip malls are a great real estate investment because they give the investor the opportunity to make a large profit.
Unlike many investments, such as apartment complexes or condominiums, investors will rarely need to be concerned with tenant abuse; these tenants are also in business to make a profit, so it is in their best interest to maintain the property to the best of their abilities.
- Make sure the property has high-visibility from busy roads.
- Make sure the property is easily accessible.
- Try to avoid areas where there is a lot of construction, as they may be subject to road blocks and other diversions.
– Make sure there is well-lit parking, and lots of it!
– Diversify the businesses located in the property.
- Try to rent to at least one store that appeals to a wide variety of clientele (Ex: clothing store, grocery store, etc.)
- Choose a property that can hold multiple tenants. (This will allow for less profit loss if one of the stores is vacant.)
*Image courtesy of stockfreeimages.com
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-37496013-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);