They will focus on five key issues:
– Funding for affordable housing
– Eliminating a tax on commercial rents
– Capping Estoppel fees for condominium associations. (During the title search on a condo, an estoppel letter furnished by the Homeowner’s Association is usually required. The fees to obtain these letters can be very high in some cases.)
– Sustainable and affordable property insurance
– The state’s judicial foreclosure process. (Florida REALTORS® want to ensure that any policies or procedures put into place for the purpose of speeding up the foreclosure process have safeguards that will protect all parties.)
The 2013 Florida legislative session runs March 5 through May 3.
Source: Orlando REALTOR® magazine