Have you been harassed by a debt collector? Debt collectors are required to abide by strict rules under both Florida Law and Federal Law. Those rules are designed to protect both the consumer and the integrity of the American credit system. If an unscrupulous debt collector is harassing you, Boyer Law Firm, PLLC can help you fight back.
What type of conduct is prohibited?
Debt collectors cannot:
• telephone you an unreasonable number of times
• telephone you at any unusual time or unusual place
• disclose information about your debts to third parties
• use profane or other abusive language
• contact you after written notification that you do not want to be contacted any further
• claim to be affiliated with any governmental organization
• misrepresent the character, amount or legal status of a debt
• threaten to take any action that cannot be taken legally
• accuse you having committed a crime
• threaten or communicate false credit information
• attempt to collect until honoring your request to validate
• use deceptive methods to collect debts
• call you before 8:00 a.m. or after 8:00 p.m.
• Call you, but not announce who they are
• Talk to your employer about your debt
• continue collection efforts until honoring a request by you to validate the debt
So if an unscrupulous debt collector is harassing you, Boyer Law Firm, PLLC can help you fight back. Please contact us today if you have any further questions.